Market Development Manager Taiwan
Keycafe is looking for a self-starting, entrepreneurial, and analytical Taiwan Market Development Manager to jump-start our key exchange business in the region.
We’re looking for an individual who can drive and own our automated Key Exchange business in Taiwan. The candidate will be joining a team of highly engaged and motivated individuals who work hard and with purpose every day, and should be ready to take initiative, solve problems, and drive success as a valued member of the team. This role will require understanding of the local market and players, sales acumen, and the ability and attitude to “do what it takes” to generate substantial revenue in a promising market with a thriving sharing-economy industry (vacation rentals/carsharing etc).
A successful candidate will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically. His/her performance will be evaluated ultimately via the revenue generated in Taiwan, and the preceding activities to achieve our revenue goals. He/she will be responsible for all aspects of Keycafe's businesses in Taiwan, which will encompass customer acquisition, operations, and customer service. We're a small startup with limited resources---candidate will have to be willing to roll up sleeves and willing to do "what it takes".
This is an individual contributor role for the foreseeable future, and will report into the VP of Global Business Operations based in Tokyo.
- Generating revenue in Taiwan via customer signups and enterprise sales
- Reach out to local Airbnb hosts and property management companies and raise awareness of Keycafe service with ultimate goal of onboarding them as customers.
- Working with the marketing team, generate effective PR/Marketing activities
- Conduct onsite support as necessary to customers
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience in sales and/or business development with strong negotiation skills
- Street smarts and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen (strong bias for action)
- Fluency in Taiwanese (native level) and English (business level)
- Competitive starting base salary at 600,000 TWD
- Additional commission as % of revenue generated in-country
Keycafe Inc. is the leader in public key exchange since 2013, inventing key exchange as a service resulting in a patented technology and business processes. We are partnered with 7-11 Taiwan. Keycafe continues to innovate by growing a suite of products to become a complete property access management solution for property managers, developers, buildings, facilities and logistics companies. For more information visit https://www.keycafe.com