Our job is to provide seamless property access management for a variety of applications from sharing economy services such as short-term rentals like Airbnb and Booking.com, on-demand cleaning and dog walking, to enterprise level solutions for property management companies, condo boards, developers, facilities and logistics companies. We are a fast growing Vancouver based SaaS startup now operating in over 45 cities worldwide in 8 languages. Keycafe invented and patented the public key exchange service and continues to innovate on new technologies working closely with our customers to ensure our service meets their evolving needs and remains useful. Come join us in Vancouver to work with our global team of entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a Devops Engineer to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. We are looking for someone who is curious, has excellent strategizing techniques and motivated. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
IMPORTANT: You will be working out of our Vancouver office. Please only apply if you live in Vancouver and can work from our office everyday.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Deploy software updates to testing, staging and production environments
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Address technical support escalations and questions
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Provide performance and scaling analysis and solutions
- Provide testing and automated test solutions
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, or similar role
- Experience with PostgreSQL databases, and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other languages
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification is a plus
- Experience with Heroku and AWS/S3
- Grails/Groovy programming skills
- Android/IOS application programming skills
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
Work from our Vancouver office with a team of entrepreneurs to push forward an exciting new product. Have your work directly affect the well being of the company on a daily basis. Benefits package, and salary commensurate with experience.